Saturday, January 31, 2009

New Bedroom!











Thanks to a generous Christmas gift Karl and I were able to purchase new bedroom furniture. Something we (I) have been wanting for a long time. This ofcourse inspired me to to want to redo the rest of the bedroom and bathroom as well. If one thing is new it all has to be right? That- added to the fact that our comforter was literally ripped to shreds!! I couldnt find any bedding in stores that I loved so I took a chance and orderd this online. It is called 'Paddock Collection' It is avacado green and brown paisley. I LOVE IT! We painted the walls 'Martini Olive' and I am very happy with those too. Our bedroom set looks great against dark walls. I put together the flower arrangement on our dresser and also *rigged* a valance out of two curtain panels. (Photos to be added later) The bathroom- well- was going to be an Ivory color until I decided in my sleep that it needed to be Chocolate Brown instead. Despite my best efforts to have the man at Home Depot "change" my can of paint to brown..I ended up buying a new can! OOPS! Karl was not thrilled..but what's $23 in the long run when you end up with the color you want! I guess I learned from the best...THANKS MOM!! Karl thanks you too! The floral arrangement in the bathroom used to have pink flowers in it..I removed the pink and added the red- all for $15! The shower curtain was also on clearance for $17. MINUS the bedding and furniture- I did everything for under $200. NOT BAD!! I watch HGTV Design on a Dime..so I figured I'd share my numbers. Enjoy the pics!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! Those hours of Design on a Dime have paid off :) Love how your dreams told you to go w/the chocolate brown bathroom LOL...and it looks awesome! That is my new fav color these days. Great job!! And thx for sharing the costs....I, too, love to share a bargain!

Anonymous said...

Sooooo cute! I love it! I'm especially obsessed with your new bathroom. The brown is awesome! Oh - I need to paint!