Monday, September 7, 2009

BIG GIRL ROOM!!







This weekend my parents took Layna overnight on Sunday and all day Monday so that we could get her BIG GIRL ROOM ready!! Karl agreed to do wainscoting on the bottom of the walls if we didnt have to paint anything in the room PINK! I loved the idea of the wainscoting and decided to take a risk with orange walls. Paint has never scared me..so we went for it! When it first went on the wall I was a bit leary but now that the room is put together..I LOVE IT!! I found this bedroom set on Craigslist for super cheap which I love as well! The bedding, curtains and pillows are all from JCPenny's.
Layna has been talking about her big girl room for quite awhile and has even mentioned wanting to sleep in there. We may try that in the next couple of weeks and see how it goes. The very worst that can happen is that she goes back in the crib for another couple of months! The rest of our time this weekend has been spent reorganizing, decluttering, pitching and CLEANING!! Some of my favorite things..literally! I know...its a sickness! We have even reorganized are storage closet and boy does it feel GREAT!! Thanks again G and G Z for keeping Layna busy so that we could be so productive!!



1 comment:

Sheila Sanders said...

AWESOME!!!! I love the color! Thanks for the phone call tonight too! Love, She