Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Memory with Grandpa Fry!

I have written on our blog before about how blessed we are to have my Grandpa and Grandma Fry here in STL. This past week created an experience that was no exception! A few months ago Grandpa Fry wrote an essay to be chosen to throw out the first pitch at the Lutheran Senior Service Day at the Cardinals game. Although he was not chosen to throw out the pitch- he was chosen to be a part of the opening ceremony. As soon as we found this out- Karl, Ryan, Brad, Sarah and I all got tickets to the game to witness this special event. Working my charm in true 'Jenna Fashion' I was able to walk on the field with Grandpa and take close up shots of the opening event. Grandpa and I also enjoyed drinks before the game in the 'First Pitch Room', and were even invited out for dinner and drinks in the Champions Club by the Chairman of LSS. I guess it helped that I went to school with his son! HA!! By the time we arrived to our seats- it was the 4th inning. Im sure my siblings were jealous of my adventure but happy for Grandpa and I none the less. This was an amazing evening and one I will remember forever- What a special night for my Grandpa and Im so blessed to have shared it with him!

No comments: