Monday, August 23, 2010

1st Day of PRESCHOOL!


It doesnt seem possible that I just typed in the heading that my baby girl is going to SCHOOL!! Thanks to the crash course (cold turkey) potty training that we did last week- she was able to attend on her 1st day. She will go to school on Mon and Wen from 8:30-11:30am. She was very excited today as we were walking in--but then as we started giving hugs and kisses goodbye she started to cry. Thankfully her wonderful teacher Mrs. Schultz picked her up and gave me the nod to leave. Those of you that know my Layna will get a kick out of hearing that she started yelling 'BACK UP and WAVE...and HONK YOUR HORN' as I was leaving. A ritual for every guest that leaves our house nowadays. I have to admit that I did stand around the corner in the hallway to make sure she stopped crying (which she did after about 22 seconds) I was anxious all morning to see how she had done and turns out: SHE DID GREAT!! Even got up on the big potty all by herself! She later informed me that some kids were a little SHY and didnt want to sing the songs but she wasnt!! As we were taking a walk this afternoon I could hear her singing 'School today...school today' a new song they learned in class. My baby girl is growing up..and I'm soo proud!! :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: